The beginning of a life of dinners


My Husband and I's first date was a dinner party at my apartment.  I provided the table setting, my friends brought all the food.  It was the first day my now Husband and myself met in person!  My friend Emily demonstrated how to make a cloth napkin look like an limp un-roasted chicken and brought dessert of mango sorbet with coconut milk, sesame seed wafers and vegan chocolate shavings that we served in my Grandmother's teacups.  My friend Mary brought shrimp on skewers, rice and lentils and sautéed kale.  My friends Anca and Alex, who were hosting my Husband (who was then my boyfriend), brought the salad.  My friend Peter came with his quiet peaceful presence, and I provided herbed bread from the local bakery, the dishes, candles and conversation.  It was epic; the dinner was excellent and that napkin cum limp chicken, all par of the course. I am pretty sure I have pictures of that limp napkin chicken.  We talked current events, theology, literature, culture.  And my life has gone on from there, one dinner party at a time.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful memory to hold in your heart. ♥️❣️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful, Elizabeth! What a lovely memory to start off your new blog! LOVE this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospitality is a godly occupation. Thank you for this place at your table, Elizabeth. I'm a happy guest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment